Thursday, July 30, 2009

11th International FIMA Camp, 2009

Alhamdulillah, today is the last day of the 11th International FIMA Camp. But, half of my brothers had already gone yesterday. I hate yesterday. I hate today too. Thank God, facebook is around.

Because of logistic work, I had no chance to participate in any lecture, workshop, or any other activity throughout the camp. However, it was this logistics that bonds me with my dear Muslim brothers. Praise be to Allah, for letting me be around with my brothers from various places in the world and taste the bits of ukhuwwah with them.

I started writing this post only a few hours after this camp ended. But, I took a pause because I felt there were too many things to be shared with others. I needed to get things in order before I continued writing this entry. And of course some other things happened, interfering with my thinking and holding me from continuing writing. Finally, I got the motivation on the 5th night of Ramadhan to continue on with this post.

The lessons

Below is the list of the lessons I've learnt from the camp. I've arranged according to their importance in life.

1) Ukhuwwah cannot flourish with the presence of judgmental attitude. Iman will prevent us from being judgmental because, people of Iman believe that only Taqwa is the key determinant of your place in this world (and in fact in the hereafter). Hence, my conclusion is ukhuwwah must begin with Iman.
2) We have disregarded the Sunnah of honoring and respecting the Ulama'. This is obvious in our young Malay Muslim generation today. We are probably so reveled in our pursuit of "liberty", "equality", "freedom of speech", etc. that we are now crossing over the lines of religion.
3) Malaysian Muslims lack tarbiyyah. Proof: we don't care much about Fajr prayer.

The plan of action

I spoke about the above issues with a few friends and we've drafted a plan of action. We will learn more Makkiyah verses from the Quran to be better Mukmin. We will also search for Hadiths on descriptions of Mukmin behavior. We haven't got a better idea to solve the second issue besides showing good examples. For the last matter, dakwah is the key. And for the dakwah to be successful, it must be free from fanaticism, which will be discussed in the next entry insha Allah.

Hopefully, it won't take too long before I write again.

wAllahu 'alam

2 comments:

Unknown said...

akhirnya sempurna.

sarahR said...

i'd be looking forward to read about the issue of 'fanaticism'..