Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ramadhan Mubarak & Pantun Cari Ganti

Been a while since the previous entry. I would like to take this rare opportunity to wish the Muslim readers "Ramadhan Mubarak" (blessed Ramadhan). Let's all pray that Allah will make us one step closer in knowing Him by the end of this holy month. I also would like to remind myself and my dear readers that Ramadhan is the season of ibadah for the Muslims. Not to say that we don't have to do ibadah in the other months, but to bolster ourselves to amplify and improve the quality of our ibadah.

I recently read this interesting pantun by Ustaz Dr. Mohd Asri Zainal Abidin and I would like to share it here before I go offline.

"Pantun Cari Ganti"

Kota sarat disimpan tempayan
Zahir berlian di sunyi hari
Harta rakyat dijadi taruhan
Akhir kebencian menjadi api

Gula dan santan diuli roti
Kelapa diparut dimakan sama
Bila kebencian menjadi api
Apa dihasut ditelan semua

Anak singa di Pulau Teberau
Anak tebuan seekor lari
Jika negara sudah kacau
Eloklah tuan mengundur diri

Pergilah mandi di Titi Tinggi
Jalan tersepak tali pencuci
Carilah ganti berbudi tinggi
Bukan perompak ganti pencuri

wAllahu 'alam

No comments: