Friday, June 6, 2008

Alhamdulillah (I'm happy)

Last week, my younger brother registered into USIM for Foundation in Laws & Syariah. Alhamdulillah, everything went well though he seemed quite nervous. Yela, first day masuk universiti. I'll pray for his well-being. The day before my brother went to USIM, I paid a visit to my auntie's in Nilai. Got to meet my super cute little cousins--Ali, Fatimah, Muhammad, & Khadijah. It has been months since the last time we met. And I was ecstatic when each of them were trying to tell their stories. Ali gave up the earliest because he could not hold my attention for more than a minute. Muhammad has started kindergarten this year. Khadijah can read alphabets and she will only be three years old in December.

Muhammad & Khadijah

And that night, after the kids had gone to bed, I thought about what defines happiness. My happiness. And just before I fell asleep, I came out with the following list of events that make me happy.
  1. to lepak at a big mosque with my brothers.

  2. to listen to anak-anak telling their different stories at the same time.

  3. to eat cendol after Asr with my families.

  4. to talk about my future families with my parents; how many kids I wanna have and how my dear Mommy want at least a granddaughter.

  5. to have someone who can make me laugh and yet not forget about death.

No comments: